This cobb salad is low carb, and packed with yummy fats and proteins, making it a perfect keto friendly lunch!
Add our homemade ranch dressing and you won’t believe your even on a diet.
Salads are on of my favorite kinds of lunch! I especially love keto salads because they allow for the best yummiest add ins of all my favorites.
This is especially true of a cobb salad, which features bacon. boiled eggs and lots of yummy cheese.
And the star of this salad recipe, is a delicious homemade ranch!
For this salad recipe, i’ll split the ingredients and instructions into two parts, the salad recipe and the keto friendly ranch dressing.
For the Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe
If you have the time, I recommend making the ranch dressing the night before, and all the flavors will have a chance to develop.
Ranch Dressing Ingredients
½ c. Avocado mayonnaise (or regular mayonnaise)
¼ c. Greek yogurt
1½ T. fresh chives, chopped
1 T. fresh dill, chopped
1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
¼ t. smoked paprika
½ t. garlic powder
½ t. onion powder
Pinch cayenne pepper
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
¼ c. buttermilk
Cobb Salad Ingredients
1 large head Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy
4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
¾ lbs. rotisserie chicken breast, sliced
1 large avocado, sliced
1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into half-rounds
3 oz. blue cheese
1 T. fresh chives, chopped
1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
I suggest you start with the ranch dressing first.
Combine all the dressing ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together well. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
Cover the dressing and put in the fridge to cool.
Next, prepare the salad by splitting the Romaine lettuce amongst 4 bowls. Top each lettuce bowl with an even amount of toppings.
We used bacon, boiled eggs, chicken breast, avocado, cucumber and blue cheese.
Top with freshly chopped chives and serve with a generous amount of ranch dressing and a bit of lime.
This keto cobb salad features plenty of bacon, chicken, eggs and cheese! Top it with our homemade ranch dressing and you've got yourself a filling salad as a meal.
For the Cobb Salad
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- ¾ lbs. rotisserie chicken breast, sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into half-rounds
- 3 oz. blue cheese
- 1 T. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
For the Ranch Dressing
- ½ c. Avocado mayonnaise (or regular mayonnaise)
- ¼ c. Greek yogurt
- 1½ T. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 T. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ c. buttermilk
- To make the ranch dressing, place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To prepare the salad, divide the romain lettuce into 4 servings. Top each servving with equal amounts of bacon, hard-boiled eggs, chicken strips, avocado, cucumber and blue cheese.
- Top with chopped chives and serve with your homemade ranch or fresh lime dressing.