Today we are whipping up a classic favorite, fried rice. This version is keto of course, which means… no rice. But no worries. That’s why we have cauliflower.
I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not a huge fan of cauliflower rice. But this version is not your ordinary riced cauliflower.
Oh no, it’s so much tastier and I don’t feel the need to “cover up” the taste like I do the regular version.
This is keto fried rice! And, although it doesn’t taste exactly like the fried rice in my favorite Chinese restaurant, it’s still really good.
3 Tablespoons of refined coconut oil (or butter)
4 large eggs
4 cups of riced cauliflower (frozen)
½ cup frozen peas and carrots
2 large green onions, sliced
1½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
3 Tablespoon of coconut aminos (tamari sauce works too)
2 Tablespoons of toasted sesame oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Start by melting 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large wok or high skillet over medium high heat.
In a medium sized bowl, beat your 4 eggs and then add them into your wok.
Season with salt and pepper. Cook the eggs stiring constantly for 1-2 minutes until your eggs are cooked like scrambled eggs.
Remove the eggs from the wok and onto a plate, then set aside.
Add the remaining coconut oil to your wok again. Add in your riced cauliflower, peas and carrots, green onion, grated ginger, and the garlic seasoning and red pepper flakes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook your veggie mix until all the frozen vegetables are soft and heated through.
Add the coconut aminos, sesame oil and cooked eggs back into the wok.
Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until all the ingredients are combined well and heated through.
Remove your pan from the heat and top with additional green onions.
Now your keto fried rice is all finished and ready to serve!
This keto fried rice is a delicious veggie filled dish perfect for a main meal or as a side course.
- 3 Tablespoons of refined coconut oil (or butter)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups of riced cauliflower (frozen)
- ½ cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 large green onions, sliced
- 1½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tablespoon of coconut aminos (tamari sauce works too)
- 2 Tablespoons of toasted sesame oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Melt 1 tablepoon of coconut oil in a large wok or high sided skillet, over medium high heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and add them into your hot wok.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes, until cook through.
- Remove scrambled eggs from pan and place on plate, set aside.
- Add remaining coconut oil into wok.
- Add in riced cauliflower, peas and carrots, green onions, grated ginger, garlic seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook veggies until all frozen vegetables are heated and soft.
- Add coconut aminos, sesame oil and cooked eggs back into wok.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until all ingredients are combined and heated.
- Serve topped with additional green onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 6g