These keto ice cream sandwiches are a fun summer time treat and a delicious keto dessert.
The cookies are a quick and easy 4 ingredient recipe that you can whip up in a jiffy.
They’re great on their own, but even more delicious with a bit of Ice cream stuffed in between a pair of them.
We give you a quick and easy vanilla “keto ice cream” recipe in this post. But really it’s more of a frozen whipped cream.
But if you’re feeling the need for a chocolate fix you can try out our keto chocolate ice cream!
Both are delicious with these cookies.
To make 12 of the peanut butter cookies (which will make about 6 sandwhiches) you’ll need:
½ cup of peanut butter
¾ cup of almond flour
1 tablespoon of Swerve granular sugar (you could also use the brown sugar Swerve)
To make the cookies start by preheating your oven to 350.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set to the side.
Combine all of the peanut butter cookie ingredients in a bowl and mix well with an electric mixer or fork.
Using a teaspoon sized amount, roll 12 balls out of the batter and place on the parchment paper.
Using a fork, gently press the dough in both directions, giving it a cookie shape. These cookies won’t change much in size or shape during baking.
Bake for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to check that they aren’t burning at the 10 minute mark.
When finished baking, remove from oven and let cool.
While your cookies are cooling, start making your whipped ice cream filling.
To make the filling simply grab an electic mixer, and slowly add all the ingreidients and mix together on high until stiff peaks form.
You can also use a hand held mixer (my favorite kitchen tool!) to whip the cream.
It should turn out thick and creamy.
Once your cookies are cooled and your whipped cream is ready, grab a freezer safe dish.
Lay half of your cookies bottom side up in the dish. Using a piping bag, pipe a good amount of cream onto each cookie.
You can also use a spoon, just be careful not to spill off the cookie.
Top each cookie and ice cream with it’s cookie top, creating a sandwhich.
Freeze for 2-3 hours, then enjoy your delicious frozen treat.
These delicious ice cream sandwiches are keto friendly and only require a handful of ingredients.
For the Cookies
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ¾ cup of almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of Swerve granular sugar (the brown sugar Swerve works too)
- !For the Whipped Ice Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Swerve powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place all the cookie ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix.
- Using a teaspoon sized amount, roll 12 balls from the cookie batter and place on the parchment paper.
- Using a fork, gently press the dough in both directions, giving it a cookie shape.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes., make sure to check them frequently to avoid burning.
- When finished baking, remove from oven and let cool.
- While cookies are cooling, make your whipped ice cream filling.
- To make the filling put all ingredients into a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Once the cream is thick and stiff, it's time to fill the cookies.
- Line up 6 cookies in freezer safe dish.
- Using a piping bag or spoon, put a generous amount of cream filling onto each of the cookies.
- Top each cookie and cream with an additional cookie, creating a sandwich.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and serve while cold.